Tuesday 31 July 2007

Polbream Ladies

In July we concluded my Sabbatical with another week chartering Polbream from Cornish Cruising in Falmouth. The first helf of the week was billed as a 'ladies cruise' with Lois and myself and four other ladies. After inviting the others Lois decided to 'jump ship' and skipper her own boat (see "Czar"), so I had Chris, Chris, Sue and Kath all to myself. I think they all thought I was wasting away as I have never had so much concern expressed for my need to eat!

We had a great time exploring the Fal, Truro and Helford
rivers. On Saturday we got away from Falmouth Marina and headed up to the Pontoon at Tregothnan. On Sunday we headed out to sea for a few hours. There was quite a 'lumpy' sea with swells coming from various directions at once - typical of the Western Approaches and very different from the flat seas of Scotland and Turkey!


Over the hext souple of days the ladies enjoyed a range of wind strengths and sea states and coped with it all admirably. We had another night on the pontoon at Turnaware and also a night in the Falmouth Yacht Havern where we went ashore for showers and an excellent meal.


Kath and Sue really enjoyed coming back for a second trip. Sue was thrilled to get away without any seasickness this time, inspite of the windy and roiugh conditions. Kath revelled in the coastal sailing when we gave sailed to Gull Rock and back. Chris and Chris thoroughly enjoyed their first go at sailing.

No comments: