Tuesday 31 July 2007

Polbream - Fathers and Sons


Half way through my week on Polbream in July I switched a crew of Ladies for 3 Fathers and 4 sons. The culture change was very noticable from me being mothered by four crew to me mothering 7 crew!

Dietmar with Lucas, Alan with David and Ian with Jon and Andy made up a very full crew for this last three days. It was a new challenge for me having a full boat with no other sailing experience on board. We had a great time learning the 'ropes' from basics. I think the lads were keen to get going with the sailing and would have liked to skip the briefings and instruction. However, once they'd had a bit of sea air the tiredness caught up with them and I think we got the right balance of sailing and snoozing.

The weather was very unsettled and mixed so we didn' get to Fowey along the coast. But we did have soke variety going up the Truro river to anchor and mooring in Mylor one night. We also sailed to the Helford river and experienced some poor visibility mixed with some Man Over Board drill on the way back. We nearly got the boat planing one day, but not quite!

2 comments:

Steve Tilley said...

Delighted to be able to welcome you back in one piece.

RuthJ said...

Let me second that!