Monday 2 April 2007

April Fool

The 1st of April was my last day working in the Parish before starting my four month sabbatical. I was convinced my colleague, Jon, would set an April Fool's trap for me as we were together for the two morning services at Holy Trinity. If he did I didn't spot it! I did try to get him to look up Hezekiah 30:10 in front of the congregation but I think he twigged just in time.

On Saturday our Churches together held an 'Easter Trail' in the town centre. In was odd moving briefly from 'lent' mode to 'easter' mode without having all the usually Easter services to plan. Meanwhile all the couples getting married here in 2007 had a marriage prep weekend at the Church.

Now we are getting packed ready to fly off to Turkey for a week. Mary is flying over to join us from Belfast, Zoe and Esther are already back from Uni. This is the first time in a long time that we shall have a holiday away together. We are chartering a yacht (bavaria 39) from Gocek in Lycia. One of my colleagues has set me a challenge to sail to a lighthouse that was just 2 years old when St Paul was sailing this coast!

1 comment:

Steve Tilley said...

Have a great time. Will link.