Thursday 29 March 2007

Sabbatical Preview


I have two main creative aims for my Sabbatical:

1 The first is to gain the qualification of RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Offshore.

2 The second is to explore and develop the use of Sail Training for the Church in team building, leadership development, spiritual retreats, enviromental awareness and outreach.

I plan to take four months to allow time for a complete break from Parish Ministry, time to relax, time to travel and visit other projects and time to work at developing the ministry.

Initially I shall complete my training for the full Yachtmaster qualification.

I shall continue to charter a range of yachts in the UK and possibly abroad with different crews to trial the training models I am researching.

I will also visit a couple of Christian sail training organisations and I also plan to visit secular “Team Building” projects which use sailing as a basis for training.

No comments: